Homemade Chikfila Nugs!


Picture this:  It's Sunday afternoon, still to early for dinner but you are definitely needing something to eat.  You squint your eyes look up to the right and tilt your head, (This is what I do when I think about food), then you realize, "MMM Chikfila would be amazing!" A common mistake we all make at one point or another, NOOOOO Chikfila is closed.  Upon this happening to me last Sunday I decided to scour the Internet and look for my own recipe for that 12 count nugget.  Of course, my search began on Pinterest, the end all be all of idea finding (and time wasting). 

I found this recipe and decided, yep, I am going to try this. I made some changes so pay attention closely.  I in no way am perfect in the kitchen, so make changes as you see fit.

Things you will need:

2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts      
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 Tsp of salt
1 Tsp of pepper
Olive/canola/peanut oil
















A couple hints on this:


I did not soak the nuggets for more than 30 minutes even though I recommended longer.  (I was just too hungry and did not plan well!)


Don't cook to many nuggets at once because they can burn easily if you cook them too long without flipping.


When the nuggets are done let them drain on a paper towel to get some of the excess oil off.


BTW: Does the corn look good?  Well it was pretty much the easiest thing I ever made.  Click here for the recipe.




Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do it Yourself Laundry Detergent

Two Under-eye Products To Think About

Undereye Circles Revisited